What is action research? Why do action research? When should one use action research? How does one become an action researcher?
In All You Need to Know About Action Research
, leading practitioners Jean McNiff and Jack Whitehead are your guides to a vast and fast-moving field. They provide a brilliantly written and easy-to-follow introduction to action research that will be essential reading for students, practitioners and seasoned researchers alike.
This book provides:
- A clear guide to the history and philosophy that underpin action research
- Comprehensive coverage of the main theoretical debates in action research
- Essential help to anyone undertaking their own action research project
- Practical help in planning your research project and generating knowledge
- A vision for action research as a learning enterprise and as a transformational method
- A unique understanding of how action research can help your learning and your professional practice along with that of those around you
- Confidence-building advice about theorizing on the basis of your research and/or your professional practice
- Help with writing about your research and disseminating your findings
This book is essential reading for anyone interested in action research. It is equally essential reading for anyone interested in making a difference; in generating theory from research; and in learning from practice.