|ISBN: 9781412982238||Paperback||Suggested Retail Price: $70.00||Bookstore Price: $56.00|
Previous Editions Published by SAGESecond Edition: © 2008
First Edition: © 2001
Substantial Content Revisions
New to the Third Edition of “Asset Building and Community Development”
- Deleted chapter 13 from 2nd edition. Some of the material on international NGOs was moved to chapter 5.
- Added two completely new chapters: 13 (Food, Energy & Community) & 14 (Natural Disasters and Climate Change).
- Moved chapter 3 up earlier in the text and updated material on community sustainability.
- Chapter 2—updated material on material related to Obama administration initiatives.
- Chapter 4—added new material on several new community development processes, such as appreciative inquiry.
- Chapter 5 – includes new material on other community based organizations, such as community foundations, and expanded discussion of youth-based organizations.
- Chapter 6—added discussion of green-collar jobs.
- Chapter 8—added discussion of housing foreclosures, subprime mortgages, and green building.
- Chapter 9 – added discussion of predatory lending and individual development accounts.
- Chapter 11—substantially revised material on growth machine and growth regimes.
- Chapter 12—broadened discussion of cultural capital to more than just the arts.
- Updated references throughout the text.
- Updated and added web resources throughout the text.
- Updated suggested readings throughout the text.
- Added several new case studies in core chapters.
- Updated data sources.
Should you need additional information or have questions regarding the HEOA information provided for this title, including what is new to this edition, please email email@example.com. Please include your name, contact information, and the name of the title for which you would like more information. For information on the HEOA, please go to http://ed.gov/policy/highered/leg/hea08/index.html.
2455 Teller Road
Thousand Oaks, CA 91320