The Review of Educational Research (RER) publishes comprehensive reviews of literature related to education and does not publish new empirical work, except in the context of meta-analytic reviews of an area. Please check the journal’s Aims and Scope to see if your manuscript is appropriate to submit to RER.
All manuscripts should be submitted electronically to the editorial team athttp://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/rer. For questions or inquiries about manuscripts, email the editors, Frank C. Worrell or Zeus Leonardo at REReditors@aera.net. Manuscripts may not be submitted via e-mail.
Researchers who intend to submit studies for publication should consult the Standards for Reporting on Research in AERA Publications adopted by the AERA Council. We also recommend consulting (a) the Guidelines for Reviewers, which outline the criteria under which manuscripts are reviewed for publication by AERA and (b) recent previous editions of the journal. Individuals submitting systematic reviews or meta-analyses should also consult The PRISMA Statement (http://www.prisma-statement.org) as well the article on “Reporting Standards for Research in Psychology” in American Psychologist, 63, 839 – 851 (doi:10.1037/0003-066X.63.9.839).
Submission Preparation Checklist
When you upload your initial submission, upload (a) a separate title page that is not blinded with an Author Note based on the 6th edition of the APA Manual, (b) the main manuscript, which includes a BLINDED title page, an abstract with keywords at the bottom, and the rest of the document including tables and figures, and (c) Author Bios.
Please ensure that your manuscript complies with the document “RER Formatting Requirements and Common Formatting Errors." If your submission does not meet these requirements, it will be returned to you. Additionally, your submission should meet the following guidelines:
1. The submission has not been previously published and is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; or an explanation has been provided in the Cover Letter. Authors should indicate in the Author Note on the separate title page if sections of the manuscript have been published in other venues.
2. THE MANUSCRIPT CONTAINS NO IDENTIFYING INFORMATION, EVEN ON THE BLINDED TITLE PAGE. Please blind any work of limited circulation (e.g., in press papers, manuscripts under submission) that would point to the author, both in the body of the manuscript and the reference list. More information on blinding is described subsequently. Please double check that the author’s name has been removed from the document’s Properties, which in Microsoft Word is found in the File menu (select “File,” “Properties,” “Summary,” and remove the author’s name; select “OK” to save).
3. The text conforms to APA style (currently the 6th ed.). Consult the guidelines spelled out under “Manuscript Style, Length, and Format” on this webpage and in the RER Formatting Requirements document on the website.
4. The submission is in Microsoft Word, which will be converted into a pdf file. Please do not upload PDF files.
5. All URL addresses and dois in the manuscript (e.g., http://www.aera.net) are activated and ready to click.
6. An abstract of no more than 150 words is included (both separately and on the second page of the main document after the BLINDED title page. Please also include three to five keywords, the terms that researchers will use to find your article in indexes and databases.
For further instructions regarding manuscript style, length, and format, please review the RER Submission Guidelines.
How to Get Help With the Quality of English in Your Submission
Authors who would like to refine the use of English in their manuscripts might consider using the services of a professional English-language editing company. We highlight some of these companies at http://www.sagepub.com/journalgateway/engLang.htm.
Please be aware that SAGE has no affiliation with these companies and makes no endorsement of them. An author's use of these services in no way guarantees that his or her submission will ultimately be accepted. Any arrangement an author enters into will be exclusively between the author and the particular company, and any costs incurred are the sole responsibility of the author.
No written or oral permission is necessary to reproduce a table, a figure, or an excerpt of fewer than 500 words from this journal, or to make photocopies for classroom use. Authors are granted permission, without fee, to photocopy their own material or make printouts from the final pdf of their article. Copies must include a full and accurate bibliographic citation and the following credit line: “Copyright [year] by the American Educational Research Association; reproduced with permission from the publisher.” Written permission must be obtained to reproduce or reprint material in circumstances other than those just described. Please direct all requests for permission or for further information on policies and fees to the journal’s Web site at http://rer.aera.net/.
For authors who use figures or other material for which they do not own copyright:
Authors who wish to use material, such as figures or tables, for which they do not own the copyright must obtain written permission from the copyright holder (usually the publisher) and submit it along with their manuscript. (However, no written or oral permission is necessary to reproduce a table, a figure, or an excerpt of fewer than 500 words from an AERA journal.)
SAGE Choice and Open Access
If you or your funder wish your article to be freely available online to nonsubscribers immediately upon publication (gold open access), you can opt for it to be included in SAGE Choice, subject to payment of a publication fee. The manuscript submission and peer review procedure is unchanged. On acceptance of your article, you will be asked to let SAGE know directly if you are choosing SAGE Choice. To check journal eligibility and the publication fee, please visit SAGE Choice. For more information on open access options and compliance at SAGE, including self author archiving deposits (green open access) visit SAGE Publishing Policies on our Journal Author Gateway.
|Institutional Subscription, Combined (Print & E-access)||$494.00|
|Institutional Subscription & Backfile Lease, Combined Plus Backfile (Current Volume Print & All Online Content)||$543.00|
|Institutional Subscription, E-access||$445.00|
|Institutional Subscription & Backfile Lease, E-access Plus Backfile (All Online Content)||$494.00|
|Institutional Backfile Purchase, E-access (Content through 1998)||$2,568.00|
|Institutional Subscription, Print Only||$484.00|
|Individual Subscription, Combined (Print & E-access)||$64.00|
Individual articles are available for immediate purchase online (See View Full-Text icon above). Print copies of individual issues can be purchased by contacting the SAGE Journals Customer Service department email@example.com 1-800-818-7243.
If you are eligible for non-standard pricing please contact Journals Customer Service department firstname.lastname@example.org 1-800-818-7243 for a price quote.
|Institutional, Single Print Issue||$133.00|
|Individual Single Print Issue||$21.00|
|Frequency:||Quarterly||eISSN: 1935-1046||ISSN: 0034-6543|
|Months of Distribution:||March , June , September , December||Current Volume: 84||Current Issue: 3|
|Other Titles In:||