Publishing with SAGE
SAGE is an independent international publisher of journals, books, and electronic media. Known for our commitment to quality and innovation, we are a world leader in our chosen academic, educational, and professional markets.
Innovative ideas and approaches consistently distinguish SAGE's publishing, across all of our programs. Our products include:
- Journals at the forefront of knowledge, contributing to the disciplines of the future and delivered in varied electronic and print formats
- Academic and reference books with breadth of vision and valuable content
- Innovative teaching texts for college courses
- Professional books reflecting practical approaches to new perspectives and challenges
Societies and Associations
SAGE publishes more than 700 journals, including those of more than 298 learned societies and institutions. We have forged strong partnerships with societies and associations for nearly half a century. We are uniquely positioned between the big commercial publishers and small university presses to provide world-wide distribution of knowledge with a personal touch. The service we offer is highly individualized based on a thorough understanding of your goals and aspirations. We set and maintain the highest standards in editorial, production, and online distribution. Our partnership with HighWire Press makes us a part of an online community that includes some of the top journals in the world.
We are committed to meeting the needs of academic and professional communities and to working with those communities to define and meet their information needs of the future. This means keeping focused on the opportunities that arise through the development of new media, as well as new trends, new research agendas, new methodologies, and new publishing models.
Because we are a privately owned publisher, we have the luxury of devoting substantial time and effort to cultivating our publishing relationships. You'll find working with us is much different than working with a large "mega-publisher." We are large enough to have all resources needed to serve our publishing partners and our customers, yet small enough to provide personal attention and responsiveness to your publishing needs.
Contact us with any questions about how a publishing partnership with SAGE can take your journal(s) to the next level.
We are committed to providing the best possible service to our journal authors and editors. Our commitment to service and our personal attention ensures that you'll be an active participant in the publishing process. Here you will find information designed to make publishing your article in a SAGE journal or submitting a proposal for a new journal as easy as possible.
SAGE offers our journal authors:
- Online manuscript submission and tracking
- Expert peer review
- Responsive and flexible editorial and publishing support
- Targeted international marketing
- Extensive global readership and online visibility
- Market-leading production standards in both print and electronic versions
- Speedy distribution and efficient customer service
SAGE Choice offers authors of primary research articles in a number of biomedical journals the option to make their work freely available upon publication on SAGE Journals, our online platform.
For further information, visit the SAGE Journal Author Gateway.
Higher Education Books
Building on SAGE Publications' tradition of publishing high-quality scholarly works for more than 35 years, we concentrate our efforts on providing upper-level and graduate textbooks, and handbooks and professional books. Our Books Division also includes the SAGE Reference program, which publishes encyclopedias and other reference works, and the Pine Forge Press imprint, which focuses on undergraduate textbooks in sociology. SAGE currently publishes nearly 500 titles per year worldwide across its imprints and has over 4,500 titles in print.
SAGE is one of the few remaining independent publishers. We are a publisher, first and foremost. Our goal is to publish books that offer innovative teaching solutions, approaches, and perspectives to the disciplines that we serve. While we are firmly guided by the needs of our market, we are driven to publish books that contribute to your students' learning experience, to your colleagues, and to the field.
At SAGE, we recognize that our authors and editors are among our most important assets, and we are committed to developing strong and flexible partnerships that offer the following benefits:
- Thorough evaluation of proposals and sample material, with constructive feedback provided by experienced editors and peer reviews
- Involvement and support from your SAGE team throughout the writing and development process
- Consultation on design, production, and marketing issues
- High quality book production
- Global promotion, marketing, sales, and distribution
K-12 Books - Corwin Press
Corwin Press publishes leading-edge books for practicing elementary and secondary educators that offer fresh insights, conclusions, and recommendations for action. Our goal is to publish substantive and practical books that contribute to practitioners' knowledge while also being readable and useful.
What is an "ideal" Corwin Press book?
- It is based on theory, research, and/or practical experience.
- It discusses the implications of that theory, research, or experience for universal practice.
- It draws on real-world examples and practices to illustrate points.
- It offers practical, hands-on advice to educators who want to be successful in their chosen careers.
- Most often, it is authored or co-authored, rather than an edited book.
- Our audiences need substantive works that are also 'user-friendly' and tailored to their busy schedules.