This textbook introduces the key concepts, methods and issues within advertising and promotion for students taking courses on the subject at universities and colleges.
It offers first-hand examples gathered from leading international advertising agencies and brand campaigns, and it is told from the perspective of the agency to give a fun and creative insider view which helps the reader to think beyond the client position and understand what it might be like working within an ad agency.
The authors draw not only from management and marketing research but also from other disciplines such as cultural/media studies and sociology to offer a rounded and critical perspective on the subject for those looking to achieve high grades and understand advertising as social phenomenon in addition to its business function and purpose.
New to the third edition:
- chapter on strategy and creativity
- additional case studies with increased global coverage including emerging markets
- images of classic and recent ads from the street, print, online and television
- increased coverage of the internet, social media and their effects on advertising
- companion website materials including relevant videos, journal articles and a Jeopardy-style game for the classroom
The textbook is now also supported by a new author-written blog which keeps readers updated on interesting, topical examples relating to advertising and promotion from current affairs and popular culture.
- PowerPoint Slides: Chapter-by-chapter slides for use in lectures in support of the textbook.
- Tutor Guide: A chapter-by-chapter guide to the textbook with additional materials for teaching.
- IMC Jeopardy Game: An interactive team game based on the popular TV show which informally tests students in groups in the classroom. Ideal for the last week of term!
- SAGE Journals Online: Free open access to full, author-selected SAGE journal articles featured in each chapter to help students engage with relevant research literature for higher grades.
- Video Links: Links to relevant videos for each chapter to help students and lecturers easily find fun, visual, real-world examples.
- Web links: Links to relevant websites for each chapter to help students make links to industry and find practical examples for assignments.
- Author Blog: Read posts on current advertising examples and related topical items from the news including popular culture and current affairs.