An Introduction to Qualitative Research
- Uwe Flick - Freie Universtität Berlin, Germany
The definitive guide to the full qualitative research process, from design to dissemination, this is everything you need to understand how good quality research is produced, and how to use and enrich your own work with it.
New to this edition:
- A new structure follows the research process step-by-step
- Brand new chapter on digital methods and social media data explores cutting-edge research
- Multi-disciplinary case studies give you real research examples whatever your subject
- Focused reading exercises help you explore the literature and build a better bibliography
- Integrated online resources, to master the key concepts, discover real research and track your progress
An Introduction to Qualitative Research has everything a social science student needs to understand and explore the richness of qualitative research.
Not enough student resources. Powerpoint slides are very minimal.
Informative and accessible
This is a comprehensive introduction to qualitative research. There is a clear rationale for the given approaches to research with well constructed exercises designed to consolidate learning. The subjects are covered at sufficient depth for master's level research.
I use this within my research team to introduce researchers more familiar with quantitative methods to qualitiative research when required. As well as recommending it to PhD students.
Good overall summary of main features of qualitative research. Accessible and helpful
This textbook has had a really useful makeover from its previous edition and continues to offer aspects of theory in a clear and succinct way. Useful for a range of students but particularly undergraduate and masters level.
Good overview for students starting research.
An excellent all-in-one book with the latest research available on qualitative research.
This book was adopted as a recommended text and a request made for a library purchase. A prescribed text for the HSIP902 Research project module needs to include secondary research methods.
Clear and understandable manual for first time researchers