Rodney D. Ryder Advisor, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India, Lawyer and Partner with Scriboard—A full service commercial law firm
Rodney D Ryder is a leading technology, intellectual property, and corporate lawyer. He is the founding partner at Scriboard®. He is presently Advisor to the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Government of India on the implementation of the Information Technology Act, 2000. Mr. Ryder has been nominated as a “Leading Lawyer” in intellectual property, technology, communications, and media law by Asia Law, Who’s Who Legal, Asia Legal 500, among other international publications. He was named as one of Indian Lawyer 250’s “40 under 45” last year in recognition for his work. His second book, Intellectual Property and the Internet, published by LexisNexis is perhaps the only one of its kind in Asia. The text has been acknowledged to be an authoritative work by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India and has been quoted in the first and only judgment by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on domain names. He is advisor to the National Internet Exchange of India (NiXI) and a member of the panel of independent and neutral arbitrators with NiXI.
He has authored the following books:
• Guide to Cyber Laws (E-commerce, the Information Technology Act, 2000, Data protection and the Internet) (LexisNexis Butterworths Wadhwa Nagpur, India)
• Intellectual Property and the Internet (LexisNexis, 2002)
• Brands, Trademarks and Advertising (LexisNexis, 2004)
• Internet Law and Policy (Oxford University Press, 2010)
• Drafting Corporate and Commercial Agreements: Legal Drafting Guidelines, Forms and Precedents (Universal Law Publishing, 2005; Reprint 2007).
• An Introduction to Internet Law and Policy: A Course Book on Cyber Law (LexisNexis Butterworths Wadhwa Nagpur, India, 2007)