"Makes a groundbreaking, noteworthy, and lasting contribution to the field of public school improvement and reform."
—From the Foreword by Wendy D. Puriefoy
President, Public Education Network
"A must-read book that can change how public education works, thrives, and ultimately succeeds."
—Gerard A. Dery, Director, Zone 1, NAESP
Principal, Nessacus Regional Middle School, Dalton, MA
Harness skills and strategies to achieve "big-time" fundraising success!
In this enlightening book, nationally recognized author and fundraising consultant Stanley Levenson shows school leaders how to move away from labor-intensive, nickel-and-dime bake sales and car washes, and into the world of big-time fundraising. Following the model used by colleges and universities, Levenson presents a wealth of practical strategies for supporting school finances by pursuing grants and gifts from corporations, foundations, the government, and individual donors.
A proactive blueprint, this resource focuses on public responsibility in helping America's public schools become world-class learning institutions. Fundraisers will learn about the entire fundraising spectrum, from corporate, foundation, and government grants, to grants and gifts from individual donors. This valuable package of ready-to-use tools and strategies includes:
- Basic steps for starting a public school foundation
- Practical techniques for writing winning grant proposals
- Examples of winning grant proposals
- Tips for overcoming obstacles
- Suggestions for establishing a development office
- Techniques for obtaining grants and gifts from individual donors
- Helpful approaches to annual campaigns, capital campaigns, and planned giving
- A list of 101 foundations and corporations interested in giving to the public schools
- Extensive bibliography, references, and web sites
In this comprehensive guide, educators will find specific creative solutions for obtaining funding that will support the finest schools for all our children.