"It is heartening to read about a practical, specific and supportive school review process that begins with true collaboration! Bev Freedman and Raf Di Cecco offer a complete package for educators who crave how to collaboratively guide school improvement from the inside out."
—Lyn Sharratt, Author, Putting FACES on the Data
Say goodbye to top-down evaluations and hello to collaboration and change!
How can you leverage the objectivity of outside evaluators and the knowledge of local educators who understand your school's particular situation to help you drive school improvement? The answer: collaborative schools reviews.
Beverly Freedman and Raf DiCecco show how to design and implement a rigorous and effective school evaluation process, conducted by personnel from within your district in collaboration with your school leadership team. Here you'll find user-friendly guidance for planning and managing every step of the review process, including
- A research-based case for how collaborative school reviews transform teaching and learning
- Guidance on ensuring that the review process aligns with the district's mission and goals as well as with the Common Core State Standards
- Best practices and protocols for creating review teams and conducting onsite classroom observations
- How-to's for effectively using data to gain a balanced view of school performance
- A composite case study that brings the collaborative school review process to life
This breakthrough book shows how to bring school and district teams together to shape sustainable, positive change and strengthen student achievement.