Use the power of data—and the insights it provides—to enhance your leadership practice!
Offering key concepts about how the informed use of data can translate into highly effective school leadership, this seventh volume in The Soul of Educational Leadership series demonstrates how educational leaders can apply data strategically to strengthen school leadership and significantly improve professional learning, students' learning experiences, and schoolwide performance.
Copublished with the HOPE Foundation and the American Association of School Administrators and featuring state-of-the-art contributions from Jesse Rodriguez, Lorna M. Earl, Steven Katz, Eileen Depka, Kay Burke, and other experts, this compact book combines research, practice, and innovative thinking to help readers determine what kind of data they need and how to use their findings to:
- Create a culture of professional inquiry that drives staff development
- Redefine curriculum, instruction, and assessment in standards-based classrooms
- Raise student achievement
- Determine best uses for technology to benefit administrators, teachers, and students
- Regularly fine tune the decision-making process