Boost student achievement with easy-to-use formative assessment tools
In this second edition of the bestseller, the authors provide research-based and practical formative assessment tools, strategies, and activities that simplify the process of identifying students' strengths and needs. Updated features include a new chapter on exciting ways to engage learners in self-assessment; more tools for assessing before, during, and after learning; and approaches to help students take ownership of their own learning. Differentiated Assessment Strategies gives teachers:
- Formative assessment strategies for all grade levels and content areas
- Tools for interpreting ongoing assessment data for immediate intervention and planning
- Assessment strategies that provide immediate feedback to teachers and learners
- Methods for determining learner preferences, cognitive styles, and multiple intelligences
- Tips for establishing a positive environment for assessment
Included are surveys, checklists, questionnaires, assignments, graphic organizers, portfolio work samples, rubrics, and more. These user-friendly tools are valuable for assessing all students, informing instruction, and accommodating learners' individual needs. The final chapter pulls it all together and shows how to integrate formative assessment to improve student achievement.