The Elementary School Principal's Calendar
A Month-by-Month Planner for the School Year
- Robert Ricken - Long Island University – C.W. Post
- Michael Terc - Mineola Public School District
- Ida Ayres - Mineola Public School District
Get organized, plan effectively, and keep your school running smoothly!
Developed for both aspiring and experienced elementary school principals, this unique resource-updated from the top-selling first edition-lays out everyday challenges and administrative necessities to help you plan strategically for the academic year. This month-by-month planning tool, designed by veteran administrators, helps you get off on the right foot in July to set your course for a successful school year. Its emphasis is to help principals develop the skills to foresee future calendar events, and to put into operation specific plans to maintain a calm learning environment.
Chapters cover key tasks for each month, beginning in July, and contain:
- Overview of tasks
- Communications-letters, memos, correspondence, media relations, including sample documents
- Planning-workshops, orientations, field trips, fundraising activities
- Personnel-assignments, schedules, rosters, tenure recommendations
- Checklists to monitor progress with an assortment of tasks
- Resources to proactively plan and execute effective and decisive leadership
The Elementary School Principal's Calendar offers a handy checklist for each month and the flexibility for modification, helping busy administrators avoid reinventing the wheel each year. It's an essential handbook for every principal faced with the complex challenge of managing all aspects of school administration!
"Administrators will enjoy this! The book has a clear reflective piece for principals throughout the text, the material is truly applicable and realistic, and the book could be used in any school by any principal, new or veteran."
"This book will be helpful to the elementary school principal, especially the beginning principal seeking a guide to the overall school year."