Mixed Methods Applications in Action Research
From Methods to Community Action
- Nataliya V. Ivankova - The University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA, University of Alabama at Birmingham, USA
Action Research | Mixed Methods Research
This first-of-its-kind book provides readers with the information they need to design and conduct a mixed methods action research (MMAR) study in a practical and pragmatic manner. Using a multidisciplinary focus, the author provides a scholarly and applied orientation to meet the varied epistemological and professional needs of scholar practitioners. The book is applicable to broad audiences with different levels of research skills, including students learning how to conduct research in practical settings, practitioners faced with the need to address pertinent issues in their professional practices, community leaders seeking to inform policy changes, and college faculty who teach research methods and conduct funded research in collaboration with practitioner-researchers and community stakeholders. A wide variety of pedagogical features make it appropriate for use as an instructional text aimed at developing skills in designing, conducting, implementing, and reporting an action research study that integrates mixed methods.
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at sagepub.com/ivankova for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for Nataliya V. Ivankova's ?Mixed Methods Applications in Action Research. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for use when creating the syllabi for your courses.
- Published Study Analysis Guidelines
- Study Abstract Assignment Guidelines
- Study Action Plan/Intervention Design - Short Paper Assignment
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. Combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in your course for a robust classroom experience.
Use the Student Study Site to get the most out of your course!
Our Student Study Site at sagepub.com/ivankova is completely open-access and offers a wide range of additional features, including something no other publisher offers: SAGE Journal articles!
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards reinforce understanding of key terms and concepts that have been outlined in the chapters.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter.
- Checklist ?for evaluating a mixed methods action research (MMAR) study proposal
“This author has created what I believe to be a very important body of knowledge and has absolutely moved the topic in a manner that reflects current ways of thinking about research in the 21st century. The research applications presented in the textbook chapters help to make mixed method action research doable in areas that may not be reflected in previous thinking or past instructional methods for teaching research methodology.”
”The scope of the material covered is terrific and the examples are very useful… I believe that it would be of great use to anyone who is considering this type of design.”
“Hones in on the complexities, particularities, and needs of practitioner researchers doing action research…Clearly explains integration for each mixed method type in a way I have not seen before. Figures and boxes [are] once again very valuable, organized, and clear for practitioner-researchers.”
excellent, easy to grasp concepts
A MUST for researchers doing mixed method research!