Behavioral problems often occur when students are bored or unmotivated. Your best offense is a classroom environment that’s proactive, supportive, and fun. This newly revised edition from education expert, Marcia L. Tate, helps you meet your students where they are. You’ll find 5 new ways to detour students around misbehavior, updated research, new vignettes, and the latest classroom management techniques that you can implement right away.
In a new two color illustrated format, Tate provides a theoretical framework, practical applications, detailed implementation, and reflection opportunity for each strategy introduced. Teachers at all levels will discover Common Core-aligned techniques that will help them to:
• Establish a relationship with students that supports deep learning
• Deliver brain-compatible lessons
• Work with students who have attention deficit disorder and chronic behavior problems
• Promote student concentration and memory with classroom arrangement, light, color, and music
Learn how to improve student learning in today’s challenging social climate. Implement the crucial elements for lasting motivation and engagement with this essential guide!
Praise for the First Edition:
"Teachers of any grade level, Pre-K through adult, can benefit from this book. It is an easy read with useful ideas that are backed up by quality research. Teachers can read about a strategy very quickly, learn why it is important, discover the steps for implementation, and begin reflecting on how to apply the strategy to their own classroom."
—Denise Leonard, Beginning Teacher
Support and Assessment Staff Development Teacher
Torrance Unified School District, CA
· The format has been changed to reflect the 5 ways to detour students around misbehavior.
· There are new stories throughout the chapters to illustrate different points.
· Introduction has been changed to reflect societal issues that make it more difficult to manage students than ever before.
· There is updated research in each chapter.
· Most of the illustrations are new.
· There are additional new activities in each chapter.