Show Me the Evidence!
Proven and Promising Programs for America's Schools
- Robert E. Slavin - Johns Hopkins University, USA
- Olatokunbo S. Fashola - Johns Hopkins University and Optimal Solutions Group
Are you searching for a proven program that will raise your school's or district's standards for student achievement? Here's exactly the guidance you need to improve your students' levels of learning without having to reinvent the wheel. Slavin and Fashola apply a fair and consistent standard of effectiveness and replicability to the programs they examine in this book.
They evaluate the different programs and present their findings to help you decide
- Which programs show proven effectiveness in raising student achievement
- Whether a particular program will work better for your students than what you're currently doing
- Whether the results of a particular program or policy can be successfully adapted to your school
- How best to implement the program you've chosen
The authors offer the comprehensive, objective evidence that will help you select the right program for your school or district. You'll find out which programs accomplish what goals. You'll be able to zero in on the schoolwide programs that can be used in Title I projects or in schools that get funding from whole-school legislation. The authors help you find the answers to your most important questions about any schoolwide program you're considering. In addition, Slavin and Fashola hope this book will spur you and all other educators to demand that the programs you're using "Show me the evidence!" of genuine student achievement and school improvement.