In the Third Edition of the topically organized Child Development: An Active Learning Approach, authors Laura E. Levine and Joyce A. Munsch invite students to take an active journey toward understanding the latest findings from the field of child development. Using robust pedagogical tools built into the chapter narratives, students are challenged to confront myths and misconceptions, participate in real-world activities with children and independently, and utilize video resources and research tools to pursue knowledge and develop critical thinking skills on their own. This new edition covers the latest findings on developmental neuroscience, positive youth development, the role of fathers, and more, with topics of diversity and culture integrated throughout. More than a textbook, this one-of-a-kind resource will continue to serve students as they go on to graduate studies, to work with children and adolescents professionally, and to care for children of their own.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
SAGE Premium Video
These rich resources in the accompanying Interactive eBook include Active Learning videos, Test Your Knowledge videos, and Development in Action videos that boost comprehension and bolster analysis. View a sample video.
Your students save when you bundle the print version with the Interactive eBook version. Order using bundle ISBN 978-1-5063-8126-8. Learn more.
SAGE coursepacks: Our Content Tailored to Your LMS
SAGE coursepacks makes it easy to import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS). Intuitive and simple to use, SAGE coursepacks allows you to customize course content to meet your students’ needs. Learn more.
This companion website offers both instructors and students a robust online environment with an impressive array of teaching and learning resources. Learn more about these various tools at your fingertips.
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning in an easy-to-use environment that offers:
- Mobile-friendly flashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts, and make it easy to maximize your study time, anywhere, anytime
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow you to assess how much you’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
- A customized online action plan that includes tips and feedback on progress through the course and materials
- Learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Chapter-specific study questions that allow you to engage with the material
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
The following online resources are included with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s LMS. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Pedagogically robust assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
- Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives, curated, and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), a helpful description of the video content, and assessment questions
- Test Your Knowledge: Myths and Misunderstandings videos feature true/false questions posed to students on their campuses and the authors’ commentary on responses
- Active Learning videos accompanying the Active Learning activities feature interviews and activities to help students prepare for their own interactions with children and adolescents
- Development in Action videos present professionals in the field of child development discuss various topics from the book, and videos taped at early childhood education settings show children in a number of activities described in it.
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this “anywhere, anytime” mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
- All tables and figures from the textbook