Connecting High-Leverage Practices to Student Success
Collaboration in Inclusive Classrooms
- Melissa C. Jenkins - University of Mary Washington, Fredericksburg, VA
- Wendy W. Murawski - California State University, Northridge, USA
Transform classrooms and student performance with evidence-based, effective practices
Two brains are better than one, as the saying goes, and this is especially true in education. Educators who employ effective collaboration and co-teaching greatly amplify student engagement, achievement, and growth, particularly for those learners needing extra support.
Written by two of the nation’s top experts in co-teaching, Connecting High-Leverage Practices to Student Success is an essential, reader-friendly guide for educators and instructional leaders who are passionate about creating truly inclusive classrooms where all students thrive— academically, behaviorally, socially, and emotionally. Inside, authors Melissa Jenkins and Wendy Murawski provide:
- Three clearly defined steps to build a strong foundation, leverage collaboration, and support students’ growth
- A laser focus on high-leverage and evidence-based practices for general and special education that optimize educators’ impact, including collaboration, instruction, assessment, and social emotional/behavior skills
- Seamless integration of practices within MTSS and RTI processes to meet the needs of all learners
- Countless and concrete samples, examples, tools, reflection exercises, and supplemental materials that enable you to move from theory to immediate instructional practice
Positioning collaboration as the catalyst to maximizing high-leverage and evidence-based practices for the success of all students, this easy-to-use handbook belongs on the desk of every teacher working toward a truly inclusive environment.