New to the Fourth Edition:
- New and updated statistical information, research findings, investigative procedures, and legal cases ensure students are learning about the most current research in the field.
- Several new “From the Case File” chapter introductions and 25 new in-chapter “Case-in-Point” investigative case examples make it easier for students to connect the content to the real world.
- More than 75 new photos, most of which are case photos from actual investigations, illustrate key concepts to help keep students engaged with the content.
- New material on documenting evidence via reports provides examples of well-written police reports to help students build better writing skills.
- New material on social media and evidence from electronic digital devices discusses how to use new technology as a source of information.
- A stronger focus on terrorism and the use of technology in investigations encourages students to discuss and critically analyze the future of criminal investigations.
- New sections titled “Mental Mistakes in Criminal Investigations,” “Perspectives on the Criminal Investigation Process,” and “Qualities and Characteristics of Investigators” offer students tips and advice for conducting successful investigations.
- New material on touch DNA helps students see the benefits and limitations of scientific evidence gathered from a crime scene.
Give your students the SAGE edge!
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more at edge.sagepub.com/brandl4e.
Instructor Teaching Site
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
· A course cartridge provides easy LMS integration
· A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
· Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
· Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions.
· Sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses provide suggested models for structuring your courses.
· Lively and stimulating ideas for class activities that can be used in class to reinforce active learning. The activities apply to individual or group project.
· An in-depth capstone case from the book that can serve as a discussion of many issues covered in the text.
· EXCLUSIVE! Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter is included.
· Video and web resources provide further research and insights that bring concepts to life and make learning easier.· Access to all tables, figures, learning objectives, and chapter outlines from the text.
Student Study Site
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
· Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
· Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
· Access to full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter is included.
· Video and web resources bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives and make learning easier