"Crossing Borders is the best textbook available for International Studies courses. It tackles complex global issues from a multidisciplinary perspective, doing so in a way that is both accessible and engaging for students. Most importantly, students come away with an understanding of how those issues impact their day-to-day lives, as well as how they can participate in the increasingly interconnected world around them as global citizens."
—Michael Makara, University of Central Missouri
Crossing Borders provides a framework for students built upon an understanding of the many borders that define the international system. Renowned authors Harry I. Chernotsky and Heidi H. Hobbs address many of the different fields that constitute international studies—geography, politics, economics, sociology, and anthropology—and give instructors a starting point from which they can pursue their own disciplinary interests. By integrating research and current examples, the Third Edition encourages students to identify their role in today’s international arena and what it means to be a global citizen. Not only do students develop a better understanding of the world, they also receive advice on how to increase their own global engagement through study abroad, internships, and career options.
This Third Edition is thoroughly updated to reflect recent events and trends, including cyberterrorism, the rise of ISIS, and other key issues. It offers new color maps and clear learning objectives for every chapter, giving students a solid understanding of the complexity of the issues facing the world today.
Give your students the SAGE edge!
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more at edge.sagepub.com/chernotsky3e.
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students. SAGE edge instructor sites include tools and elements such as:
- Test banks that provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for the course
- Multimedia content includes links to video, audio, web, and data that appeal to students with different learning styles.
- Instructor Manual which summarize key concepts by chapter to ease preparation for lectures and class discussions
- Transition Guide provides chapter-by-chapter outline of key changes to the second edition
- A set of all the graphics from the text, including all of the maps, tables, and figures, in PowerPoint, .pdf, and .jpg formats for class presentations.
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment and features elements such as:
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards which strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes that allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material
- Video and multimedia content that appeal to students with different learning styles
- Carefully selected SAGE readings to support and expand on the concepts presented in each chapter