The author is a proud sponsor of the 2020 SAGE Keith Roberts Teaching Innovations Award—enabling graduate students and early career faculty to attend the annual ASA pre-conference teaching and learning workshop.“The text offers a comprehensive study of
—Cheryl Renee Gooch, Arts and Humanities Department, Cumberland County College
Adapted from the bestselling Race, Ethnicity, Gender, and Class by Joseph F. Healey and Andi Stepnick, Diversity and Society provides a brief overview of inter-group relations in the U.S. In ten succinct chapters, Healey and Stepnick explain concepts and theories about dominant-minority relations; examine historical and contemporary immigration to the U.S.; and narrate the experiences of the largest racial and ethnic minorities.
The Sixth Edition of this bestseller explores a variety of experiences within groups, paying particular attention to the intersection of gender with race and ethnicity. While the focus is on minority groups in the U.S., the text also includes comparative, cross-national coverage of group relations in other societies. Updated with the most current trends and patterns in inter-group relations, this text presents empirical data in an accessible format to show students how minorities are inseparable from the larger American experience.
Student Study Site (Open Access)
SAGE edge for Students provides a personalized approach to help students accomplish their coursework goals in an easy-to-use learning environment.
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Mobile-friendly practice quizzes allow for independent assessment by students of their mastery of course material.
- Chapter learning objectives reinforce the most important material.
- Internet learning resources and meaningful Web links facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.
- Study questions guide student review of key chapter concepts and material.
Instructor Teaching Site (Password Protected)
SAGE edge for Instructors, supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students.
- Test banks provide a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity to edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- Chapter activities provide opportunities to further student engagement with the material, including through discussion questions, in class.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions.