Doing Criminological Research
- Pamela Davies - Northumbria University, UK
- Peter Francis - Northumbria University, UK
The new edition of this bestselling textbook comes completely revised and updated to take students on a guided tour of criminological research.
As a trusted companion, this book brings together a range of experts in the field to provide key perspectives on how to prepare, do and present research. Each chapter comes with a range of learning features and contextualised case studies, giving an in-depth review on conducting research projects. The book:
- Includes fascinating case studies on transnational crime and policing, victims, male offenders, institutional abuse and more
- Comes with study questions, activities, key terms and a glossary
- Includes visual material which highlights and illustrates key points
- Contains new chapters on mixed methods; web based criminological research; experimental criminological research and quantitative criminological research
This is the go-to for any student studying criminology, essential to those conducting their own research in the field.
The third edition of Doing Criminological Research presents a range of fascinating and accessible essays on the use of research methods and methodologies for criminological topics. I would recommend it for both entry-level researchers and those with more experience, as it is replete with easily digestible advice for those at the beginning of a project and readable examples of research in practice.
I found this title quite useful, would have liked it to include, however, one or two chapters on the analysis of crime representations in the media.
It was adopted for a different module on Research Methods.
This is a perfect academic research textbook especially for criminology and criminal justice students. It is especially useful for students undertaking their final year dissertation. it is a student friendly textbook. I would highly recommend this to students.
this is a good book to support students and will be incorporated into research reading lists.
Davies and Francis provide readers with very important guideline to develop their research. Is very readable for the beginner.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Preparation, Decision Making and Reflexivity in Criminological Research