From first planning to writing up your research, this complete guide will help you push your project forward.
Walking you through every step you need to take, it helps you build your knowledge of theory and methods and offers straightforward guidance to empower you to make good research decisions and learn best practice.
This fifth edition:
- Draws on over 70 case studies of research in action to demonstrate potential pitfalls – and how to avoid them.
- Adds a new chapter on data management, providing how-to guidance on storing your research data.
- Provides more than 150 activities to help you develop your understanding of key concepts and advance your research methods knowledge.
- Illustrates how research methods skills transfer to the workplace, helping you boost your employability.
Accompanied by online resources including videos, case studies and further reading that bring methods to life, this accessible book is still the definitive research companion for any student doing a research project.
Student Resources (Free to access)
The David Gray Online Library contains a wealth of handpicked tools and resources for every chapter:
- Journal articles and SAGE book chapters to help you delve deeper and support your assignments
- Weblinks to online articles and blog posts to expand your understanding of each topic
- Case studies of real research give you a deeper insight into practice and theory
- Author videos from David Gray introducing each chapter, providing valuable top tips and showcasing best practice
- Weblinks to online videos from YouTube and SAGE Research Methods to improve your understanding of key concepts
- Weblinks that help you develop your employability skills
- Datasets that give you hands-on experience with data analysis
- Templates and checklists to help you keep your project on track
Instructor Resources (Log-in needed)
- A test bank of multiple choice questions, for directed learning or assessment purposes
- PowerPoint slides, featuring figures and tables from the book
- A free resource pack allowing you to upload all the lecturer and student resources into your institution’s virtual learning environment (i.e. Blackboard or Moodle), and customise the content to suit your teaching needs