Driving With Care by Anjali Nandi, Kenneth W. Wanberg, David. S. Timken, and Harvey B. Milkman is a three-level education / treatment program targets judicial clients who have been convicted of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. This second edition includes the following components:
- Provider's Guide: Offers guidelines for developing individualized treatment plans and implementing appropriate education and treatment curriculum protocol
- Participant's Workbook: Level I Education: Six-session, 12-hour DWI education program designed for first-time offenders
- Participant's Workbook: Level II Therapy: 21-session, 42-hour program designed for clients with higher levels of AOD disruption and psychosocial problems who need intervention over longer periods of time
- Participant's Workbook: Level II Education: 12-session, 24-hour education program for impaired driving offenders who have at least minimal indicators of past problems associated with AOD use or misuse and whose arrest blood-alcohol-content was at the impaired driving level
About the Program
What Do Mental Health Providers Get With the DWC Program?
- Comprehensive overview of cognitive behavioral treatment for impaired driving offenders
- Thorough review of theory and practice related to client evaluation
- Legal and cultural considerations
- Operational procedures for assessing and matching DWI offenders to appropriate levels of education and treatment services
- Guidelines for developing individualized treatment plans
What Will DWC Participants Learn?
- Change in behavior is made by changing their thoughts, attitudes and beliefs
- How to take an active part in the process with exercises, worksheets and group discussion
- Self-control over thinking and actions, responsible behavior towards others and the community