By examining how young children develop and learn from conception through to the age of eight, this book explores ways to enhance professional practice in the early years.
- Child development (including recent research into cognitive development of babies)
- The child in the socio-cultural context
- International educational approaches
- The developing professional.
- Key learning points identify at a glance what each chapter will cover
- Case studies help you link theory to practice
- Reflective activities help you reflect on how to apply ideas to practice
- Further reading directs you to additional resources to deepen your understanding.
Illustrated with examples of practice from a range of settings, this accessible text is essential reading for all those studying on Early Years, Early Childhood Studies and Early Years Education and Care courses.
Additional online material/support:
For regular updates and thoughts on hot topics and key debates in the field subscribe to Sheila Nutkins author blog here.