Educating Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Partnering with Families for Positive Outcomes
- Robin LaBarbera - Biola University, USA
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected for each chapter.
- Video and multimedia links that appeal to a variety of students.
"This is an excellent text on Autism. It is thorough, easy to read, and provides many opportunities for students to work on the topics presented. It brings a fresh way of learning about Autism to the student population."
"This text provides information pertaining to working with children with ASD in the classroom, as well as information on ways to create partnerships with families."
"This text places emphasis on empirically-based, evidence-based strategies and interventions which makes it a particularly effective text for courses that focus on students with ASD for both preservice and in-service teachers, as well as families. The Parent Collaboration perspective within each chapter is emphasized throughout and integrates how parents can be instrumental in developing student skills, as well as the importance and strategies for parent-professional collaborations. The text has done an excellent job of weaving and integrating parent-professional collaboration into each chapter topic and using this as a “holistic” approach to supporting our students with ASD."
"This is a great text that is very well-organized and easy to read/understand. There are many activities built into this text to promote theory to practice for better understanding of how to implement all topics discussed. There are also multiple references to other documents/texts that will promote what has been taught in this text’s chapters."
"This is one of the best texts. It especially provides readers with detailed information on important topics as well as very applicable examples in teaching students with ASD."
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 1: An Overview of Autism Spectrum Disorders
Chapter 2: Understanding Family Perspectives