Making the Most of Your Career Development
- John Neugebauer - University of the West of England, UK
- Jane Evans-Brain - Independent Consultant
*Shortlisted in the Management and Leadership Textbook Category at CMI Management Book of the Year Awards 2017*
Keen to succeed in today’s competitive job market? Want to learn how to make the most of longer-term graduate career development opportunities?
This handy guide is the gateway to help you understand the academic and practical aspects of employability and to make the most of your longer-term graduate employability development.
Inside you’ll find:
- A critical examination of theory to help with your employability studies
- Practical insights through real-world case studies on everything from job applications, to using work experience and networking effectively
- Specially commissioned employer, university, adviser and graduate insights from organisations large and small, as diverse as investment banking and international development aid giving you the inside track on what employers are looking for and how to develop your career.
This essential guide equips you with the knowledge and practical guidance you need to achieve your full potential during your studies, into your first role, and in your career beyond.
SAGE Study Skills are essential study guides for students of all levels. From how to write great essays and succeeding at university, to writing your undergraduate dissertation and doing postgraduate research, SAGE Study Skills help you get the best from your time at university.
Visit the SAGE Study Skills hub for tips, resources and videos on study success!
A very useful textbook, well structured and laid out; making it easy to navigate through.
Appropriate for tutors and students alike.
A great book to blend employment into higher education. Lots of strategies to meet government requirements.
This book is a very comprehensive thought provoking text for those who are about to enter the workplace. It encourages new workplace entrants to be aware of the implications of the choices they make early in their careers which might impact on their career development in a subtle and effective way
Great for undergraduates and embedding employability into lessons.
Organised sections which combines theory into practice well. Nice motivational and encouraging areas that students will be able to relate to and identify with.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Chapter 3 - Preparing for Work