Discover how award-winning schools advance students' learning through technology!
How can a school best use technology for teaching and learning? This inspiring book profiles eight visionary schools that are achievers in how they approach technology. In this companion to Leading 21st Century Schools, Lynne Schrum and Barbara Levin offer insights direct from principals, teachers, superintendents, and others involved in implementing technology in K-12 environments.
Readers will find a step-by-step guide to building a 21st century school, complete with resource directories and study group questions. This book will provide evidence-based strategies for:
- Becoming a school culture that embraces technology and 21st century skills
- Creating a 21st century classroom, including new instructional approaches and professional development opportunities
- Selecting the right technology plan, infrastructure, and devices for your school
- Managing costs through funding and budget strategies
- Measuring progress through effective use of data
Learn from 21st century schools in action and develop your own path to integrating technology within your school!
"If I were a leader moving my school or district toward a digital age environment, I would want two things: a conversation with people who had done it to learn what worked and what didn't, and a real review of the literature. This book supplies a deep dose of both. Even a brief dive offers nuggets of applicable information for leaders."
—Hall Davidson, Senior Director of Global Learning Initiatives
"Schrum and Levin not only look at the growing research, but look deeply at successful schools that are utilizing 21st century tools and what factors influence their success. This book contributes significantly to the necessary skills of tomorrow's leaders."
—Chip Kimball, Superintendent
Lake Washington School District