Demonstrate how six powerful principles can help ensure that failure is never an option!
An ideal companion to the second edition of the bestseller, Failure Is Not an Option®, this step-by-step guide provides staff developers and workshop facilitators with all the tools to help school leaders create successful, sustainable high-performing schools. Aligned with the chapters of Alan M. Blankstein's award-winning book, these activities, discussion questions, and field-tested resources demonstrate how to avoid 10 common routes to failure and are designed around six guiding principles:
- Common mission, vision, values, and goals
- Achievement for all students through prevention and intervention systems
- Collaborative teaming focused on teaching for learning
- Data-based decisions for continuous improvement
- Active family and community engagement
- Building sustainable leadership capacity
Reflecting the updated edition's greater emphasis on diversity, assessment for learning, intervention and support for students at risk, and schooling as a community endeavor, the facilitator's guide features
- Field-tested resources referenced in Failure Is Not An Option®, Second Edition, including tools for applying the six principles
- Workshop activities
- Discussion questions
- Chapter content summaries
- Suggestions for further reading and reflection
- A workshop evaluation form
The Facilitator's Guide to Failure Is Not an Option®, Second Edition is ideal for staff developers or anyone leading groups of any size—pairs, small workshops, or large seminars.
The resources in this facilitator's guide can also be found at the HOPE Foundation Web site at www.hopefoundation.org.