Written with a down-to-earth and student-focused approach, Family Life Now, 3rd edition,delivers a comprehensive examination of interaction among family members and intimate partners. With an emphasis on today’s diverse and complex individual, family, and the evolving impact of societal issues, this text engages students through a balanced, integrated approach of the human development and family science disciplines.
Author Kelly Welch uses a first-person narrative style of writing to engage readers, encourage them draw upon their own background and experiences to understand theories and concepts, and to paint a realistic view of families and intimate relationships.
This text lays the foundation to understanding relationships better, applying research and theory, and promotes the ways in which those considering a helping profession career (such as social worker, therapist, psychologist, teacher, early childhood, childcare provider, or healthcare provider) can employ strengths-oriented, best practices to create and deliver effective, quality couple and family life education.
Student Study Site
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, is easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts
Instructors: SAGE coursepacks and SAGE edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
With SAGE coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions;
- and writing activities that prompt students to reflect on their own experiences and how they relate to the material discussed in the chapter.