This book helps potential nursing students succeed in getting into nursing. It gives practical help on the application process: filling out application forms; passing numeracy and literacy tests; and succeeding at interviews. It also explains what nurses do, what personal qualities are needed and what is involved in nursing training, so applicants can decide whether nursing is really for them.
This book has been carefully shaped to answer all of the common questions applicants are likely to have, along with many they will not yet have thought of. It has been updated in light of the recommendations in the Francis Report and covers values-based recruitment, the importance of compassion in practice and considers the needs of non-traditional applicants and mature students.
Features of the book include:
- practice numeracy and literacy tests to help students face their interview day with confidence
- all the information students need given in one place with no need to trawl through countless websites looking for answers to questions
- helpful advice on choosing the right course and succeeding in the application
- top tips and stories from real nurses, students, patients and lecturers that explore 'from the inside' what nursing is like
- example interviews to help students prepare for the big day.