Historic Documents is renowned for the well-written and informative background, history, and context it provides for each document. Each volume begins with an insightful essay that sets the year’s events in context, and each document or group of documents is preceded by a comprehensive introduction that provides background information on the event. Full-source citations are provided. Readers have easy access to material through a detailed, thematic table of contents, and each event includes references to related coverage and documents from the last ten editions of the series.
Events covered in the 2018 Edition include:
- Historic U.S. and South Korean diplomatic advances with North Korea
- Investigation of Russian influence in U.S. elections
- Chinese constitutional changes granting presidential terms for life
- March for Our Lives and gun control demonstrations
- Changes to U.S. immigration and trade policies
- Legalization of marijuana in Canada
- Resignation of Australian prime minister
- Pope declares death penalty inadmissible
Volumes in this series dating back to 1972 are available as online editions on SAGE Knowledge.