For maximum impact, let intention drive your actions
If you lead a team you are doing more than running meetings; you are leading collaborative learning for continuous improvement. Similar to effective teachers in the classroom, skillful team leaders decide what they are aiming to achieve and make small, intentional moves to bring about powerful learning.
In this long-awaited follow-up to her best-selling book, The Skillful Team Leader, acclaimed educator, Elisa MacDonald, presents effective moves that skillful team leaders use to produce powerful learning outcomes for teachers and students. With close to 150 moves organized under ten Primary Intentions there are strategies for everything: foster an inclusive environment, strengthen trust, navigate resistance, engage in inquiry, facilitate data analysis, lead peer observation, interrupt bias and unsound reasoning, cultivate diverse perspectives, and so many more.
Other features include
- Essential understandings about group psychology, adult learning and peer leadership
- A thoughtful approach to collaborative inquiry with a simple inquiry cycle
- Short reality-based dialogue to illustrate moves
- Advice from real skillful team leaders
- Templates, tools, and guiding prompts
- Pro-tips for leading protocols
- A reflection tool to assess your team’s collaboration
- Short thought-provoking reads for a teacher team leader book study
Written in a practitioner-friendly format with a light tone and relatable stories that make reading enjoyable, this is a must-have book for all team leaders and those who support them in your school.