Course tools done right.
Built to support your teaching. Designed to ignite learning.
“With Vantage, I set up my course in under 10 minutes, which is unheard of...And it benefitted students, they did all the right things in all the right places. I love Vantage!”
—Karin Machluf, Instructor, Penn State Scranton
“My learners really enjoyed the SAGE Vantage experience. Many of them said it forced them to read, which aided in their comprehension…The feedback I received is that they all really enjoyed the interactive nature of the program, as well as the [number] of activities…”
—Daniel Amoruso, Instructor, Boise State University
Introduction to Criminal Justice: Practice and Process – Vantage Digital Option, Third Edition delivers trusted SAGE textbook content on SAGE Vantage, an intuitive digital platform that offers auto-graded assignments and interactive multimedia tools, all carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. With evidence-based instructional design at the core, SAGE Vantage creates more time for engaged learning and empowered teaching, keeping the classroom where it belongs—in your hands.
Easy to access across mobile, desktop, and tablet devices, SAGE Vantage enables students to engage with the material you choose, learn by applying knowledge, and soar with confidence by performing better in your course.
Makes it easy for students to study wherever they are—students can take notes, highlight content, look up definitions, and more!
Builds on core concepts, moving students from basic understanding to mastery.
Offers frequent knowledge checks, applied-learning multimedia tools, and chapter tests with focused feedback to assure students know key concepts.
Feeds auto-graded assignments to your gradebook, with real-time insight into student and class performance.
Written by expert authors and teachers, content is not sacrificed for technical features.
Affordable access to easy-to-use, quality learning tools students will appreciate.
About Introduction to Criminal Justice: Practice and Process, Third Edition
Introduction to Criminal Justice: Practice and Process shows students how to think practically about the criminal justice system by offering them a proven, problem-based approach to learning. Bestselling authors Kenneth J. Peak and Tamara D. Madensen draw on their many years of combined practitioner and academic experience to explain the importance of criminal justice and show how key trends, emerging issues, historical background, and practical lessons can be applied in the field.
Instructors: The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
• required access codes
• learning a new system
Say YES to…
• using only the content you want and need
• high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
SAGE Coursepacks includes
- Our content delivered directly into your LMS
- Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
- Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including
- Diagnostic chapter pre tests and post tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
- Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provide
- Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video that is tied to learning objectives and produced exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles, featuring
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradeboo
- Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, lists the chapter to which the video content is tied, matches learning objectives and course outcomes, and provides a helpful description of the video content as well as assessment questions
- Career insights from professionals in the field expose students to the opportunities and challenges of potential careers in criminal justice.
- Engaging interviews with the individuals profiled in the text’s case studies bring concepts to life.
- Author discussions feature Callie Marie Rennison and Mary Dodge discussing key concepts in the text.
- Criminal Justice news clips bring extra coverage of current events into the book, connecting multiple brief news clips to core chapter content.
- Criminal Justice in Practice: Decision Making Scenarios encourage a deeper understanding of key concepts by placing students in the role of criminal justice professionals in real-life situations.
- EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal articles, built into course materials and assessment tools, that tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but can customize to your exact needs
- Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
- All tables and figures from the textbook