The Fifth Edition of Peter G. Northouse’s bestselling Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practice provides readers with a clear, concise overview of the complexities of practicing leadership and concrete strategies for becoming better leaders. The text is organized around key leader responsibilities such as creating a vision, establishing a constructive climate, listening to outgroup members, and overcoming obstacles. Case studies, self-assessment questionnaires, observational exercises, and reflection and action worksheets engage readers to apply leadership concepts to their own lives. Grounded in leadership theory and the latest research, the fully updated, highly practical Fifth Edition includes a new chapter on destructive leadership, 18 new cases, and 5 new Leadership Snapshots.
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
SAGE Vantage Digital Option
Engage, Learn, Soar with SAGE Vantage, an intuitive digital platform that delivers Introduction to Leadership: Concepts and Practice, Fifth Edition textbook content in a learning experience carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. Learn more.
SAGE Premium Video
Included in SAGE Vantage! SAGE Premium Video tools and resources boost comprehension and bolster analysis. Videos feature Leadership in Action, insights from other leadership experts and Peter Northouse discussing key leadership concepts. Watch a sample on Organizational Success Through Culture.
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
FREE online resources for students that make learning easier. See how your students benefit.
SAGE Coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge .
With SAGE Coursepacks, you get:
- quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS;
- an intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort;
- assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, including:
- diagnostic chapter tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
- a diverse range of test items with chapter quizzes, and test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy and AACSB standards
- activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
- instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
- a comprehensive Media Guide for the video resources;
- chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch;
- class activities provide instructors with ideas for in-class, online, and experiential exercises for individual students or groups of students;
- sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course to your exact needs;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions;
- case notes provide summary of cases in the text along with an analysis and answers to case questions; and
- all tables and figures from the textbook.
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- multimedia resources that bring concepts to life, are tied to learning objectives, and are curated and produced exclusively for this text;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- chapter summaries with learning objectives that reinforce the most important material