- A variety of active-learning exercises developed by the authors, some individual and some group-oriented, enhance student learning.
- In the Media exercises encourage students to think about the relationship between traditional and social media and how they impact juvenile behavior.
- Navigating the Field exercises let students explore and evaluate evidence-based strategies that have impacted a juvenile justice program, policy, or practice related to the chapter content.
- Exploring Juvenile Justice Further application activities at the end of each chapter offer additional opportunities for students to apply what they have learned in class to the real world.
- A unique chapter on Juveniles and Cybercrime enables students to think critically about cyberbullying, cyberstalking, child pornography, and digital piracy.
- Humanizing the individuals involved in the juvenile justice system, each chapter opens with a vignette to highlight a contemporary issue for that particular subject.
- Case studies and accompanying questions encourage students to discuss and debate real-world examples of juvenile court cases.
Give your students the SAGE edge!
SAGE edge offers a robust online environment featuring an impressive array of free tools and resources for review, study, and further exploration, keeping both instructors and students on the cutting edge of teaching and learning. Learn more at edge.sagepub.com/schmallegerjj
SAGE edge for instructors supports your teaching by making it easy to integrate quality content and create a rich learning environment for students with:
- a password-protected site for complete and protected access to all text-specific instructor resources;
- test banks that provide a diverse range of ready-to-use options that save you time. You can also easily edit any question and/or insert your own personalized questions;
- multimedia content featuring videos that meet the learning needs of today’s media-savvy students and bring concepts to life;
- sample course syllabi for semester and quarter courses that provide suggested models for structuring your courses;
- editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer complete flexibility for creating a multimedia presentation for your course;
- exclusive access to full-text, influential SAGE journal articles, which have been carefully selected to tie important research and scholarship to chapter concepts;
- lecture notes that summarize key concepts by chapter to help you prepare for lectures and class discussions; and
- a course cartridge for easy LMS integration.
SAGE edge for students enhances learning, it’s easy to use, and offers:
- an open-access site that makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime;
- eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts;
- eQuizzes that allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention;
- learning objectives that reinforce the most important material;
- chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material;
- exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning; and
- exercises and meaningful Web links that facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.