The new edition of Key Concepts in Gender Studies is a lively and engaging introduction to this dynamic field.
Thoroughly revised throughout, the second edition benefits from the addition of nine new concepts including Gender Social Movements, Intersectionality and Mainstreaming.
Each of the entries:
- begins with a concise definition
- outlines the history of each term and the debates surrounding it
- includes illustrations of how the concept has been applied within the field
- offers examples which allow a critical re-evaluation of the concept
- is cross-referenced with the other key concepts
- ends with guidance on further reading.
A must-buy for undergraduate and postgraduate students in a range of social science and humanities disciplines.