Providing easy-to-use R script programs that teach descriptive statistics, graphing, and other statistical methods, Learning Statistics Using R shows readers how to run and utilize R, a free integrated statistical suite that has an extensive library of functions. Randall E. Schumacker’s comprehensive book describes in detail the processing of variables in statistical procedures. Covering a wide range of topics, from probability and sampling distribution to statistical theorems and chi-square, this introductory book helps readers learn not only how to use formulae to calculate statistics, but also how specific statistics fit into the overall research process.
Learning Statistics Using R covers data input from vectors, arrays, matrices and data frames, as well as the input of data sets from SPSS, SAS, STATA and other software packages. Schumacker’s text provides the freedom to effectively calculate, manipulate, and graphically display data, using R, on different computer operating systems without the expense of commercial software. Learning Statistics Using R places statistics within the framework of conducting research, where statistical research hypotheses can be directly addressed. Each chapter includes discussion and explanations, tables and graphs, and R functions and outputs to enrich readers' understanding of statistics through statistical computing and modeling.
Available with Perusall—an eBook that makes it easier to prepare for class
Perusall is an award-winning eBook platform featuring social annotation tools that allow students and instructors to collaboratively mark up and discuss their SAGE textbook. Backed by research and supported by technological innovations developed at Harvard University, this process of learning through collaborative annotation keeps your students engaged and makes teaching easier and more effective. Learn more.
Calling all instructors!
It’s easy to log on to SAGE’s password-protected Instructor Teaching Site at www.sagepub.com/schumacker for complete and protected access to all text-specific Instructor Resources for Learning Statistics Using R. Simply provide your institutional information for verification and within 72 hours you’ll be able to use your login information for any SAGE title!
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- A Respondus electronic test bank is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- The Instructor Teaching Site includes complete answers to all in-text questions.
- Data sets are available for practice exercises.
- EXCLUSIVE! Access to certain full-text SAGE journal articles that have been carefully selected for each chapter. Each article supports and expands on the concepts presented in the chapter. This feature also provides questions to focus and guide student interpretation. Combine cutting-edge academic journal scholarship with the topics in your course for a robust classroom experience.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
Use the Student Study Site to get the most out of your course!
The open-access Student Study Site at www.sagepub.com/schumacker includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards reinforce understanding of key terms and concepts that have been outlined in the chapters.
- Mobile-friendly web quizzes allow for independent assessment of progress made in learning course material.