In the Second Edition of her award-winning, chronologically organized text, Lifespan Development: Lives in Context, author and teacher Tara L. Kuther explores the dynamic interactions between individuals, our genetic makeup, and the diverse contexts that shape our growth and development at every stage of life. With a clear and approachable writing style, Kuther integrates current research findings with foundational, classic theory and research to present a comprehensive yet concise introduction to the field. Lively feature boxes and critical thinking questions encourage students to compare concepts, apply theoretical perspectives, and consider applications of research findings in their own lives and future careers.
INSTRUCTORS: Lifespan Development: Lives in Context is accompanied by a complete teaching and learning package! Contact your rep to request a demo.
- SAGE Vantage Digital Option
SAGE Vantage is an intuitive digital platform that delivers this text’s content in a learning experience carefully designed to ignite student engagement and drive critical thinking. Built with you and your students in mind, it offers easy course set-up and enables students to better prepare for class. Learn more.
- Assignable Video
Assignable Video (available on the SAGE Vantage platform, linked through SAGE Coursepacks) is tied to learning objectives and curated exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to different learning styles. These rich video resources include Dr. Kuther's Chalk Talks (watch a sample) and Lives in Context Video Cases (watch a sample) that help students understand key concepts.
- SAGE Coursepacks
FREE! Easily import our quality instructor and student resource content into your school’s learning management system (LMS) and save time. Learn more.
- SAGE Edge
FREE! This companion website offers students a robust online environment with an impressive array of learning resources. Learn more.
Also of Interest: Case Studies in Lifespan Development by Stephanie M. Wright presents a series of 12 case studies shaped by the contributions of real students to build immersive examples that readers can relate to and enjoy. Bundle Case Studies in Lifespan Development with Lifespan Development: Lives in Context for only $5 more!
SAGE Edge for students makes it easy for students to maximize their study time, anywhere, anytime.
- Flashcards strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts.
- Quizzes allow students to practice and assess how much they’ve learned and where they need to focus their attention.
- Chapter summaries with learning objectives reinforce the most important material.
- Chapter-specific study questions allow students to engage with the material.
- Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning.
- Exercises and meaningful Web links facilitate student use of Internet resources, further exploration of topics, and responses to critical thinking questions.
INSTRUCTORS: SAGE Coursepacks and SAGE Edge online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales rep today.
SAGE Coursepacks for instructors makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
- required access codes
- learning a new system
Say YES to…
- using only the content you want and need
- high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE Edge.
SAGE coursepacks for instructors offers quality textbook content delivered directly into your LMS.
- An intuitive, simple format makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort.
- Assessment tools foster review, practice, and critical thinking.
- Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives.
- Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation.
- Activity and quiz options allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want.
- Instructions show you how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided.
- Assignable Video (available on the SAGE Vantage platform, linked through SAGE Coursepacks) is tied to learning objectives and curated and produced exclusively for this text.
- Dr. Kuther’s Chalk Talks are whiteboard-style animations narrated by the author that provide a foundational overview so students can learn basic concepts outside the classroom, allowing class time to be spent on active learning.
- Lives in Context Video Cases with follow-up assessments spotlight individuals in every stage of the lifespan, allowing students to see theories of development through a culturally rich, real-world lens.
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options automatically feed to your gradebook.
- A comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource lists the chapter to which the video content is tied for helpful descriptions of the video content.
- Video resources bring concepts to life.
- Chapter-specific discussion questions help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content.
- Exclusive SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, ties influential research and scholarship to chapter concepts.
- Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch.
- Sample course syllabi with suggested models for structuring your course give you options to customize your course to your exact needs.
- Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
- All tables and figures from the textbook are provided in one place.