Literacy Assessment and Instructional Strategies
Connecting to the Common Core
- Kathy B. Grant - State University of New York at Plattsburgh
- Sandra E. Golden - Sisters of Charity Foundation of Cleveland
- Nance S. Wilson - SUNY, Cortland, USA, Lourdes University
The open-access Instructor Resource Site includes the following:
· A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing short answer and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
· A Respondus electronic test bank is available and can be used on PCs. The test bank contains multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter and provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding. Respondus is also compatible with many popular learning management systems so you can easily get your test questions into your online course.
· Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
· Lecture notes summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help with preparation for lectures and class discussions.
· Author-created suggested course projects promote students’ in-depth engagement with course material.
· Web resources are included for further research and insights.
The open-access Student Study Site includes the following:
- Mobile-friendly eFlashcards reinforce understanding of key terms and concepts that have been outlined in the chapters.
- Web resources are included for further research and insights.
- Additional appendices including:
- Appendix C. State Agencies for Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect
- Appendix D. Family Engagement Program Mandates
- Appendix E. Developing, Implementing, and Evaluating a School’s Family Engagement Plan
- Appendix F. Supplemental Forms for Literature Circles
- Appendix G. Assessments for Literacy Circles