Maurice Galton and his team have collected examples from various schools of what works in re-energizing demotivated pupils. This book presents practical advice and strategies for improving lower secondary school classrooms, ranging from reducing class size, to innovative induction programs emphasizing the development of core study skills, and developing effective procedures to train pupils to cooperate rather than confront each other during lessons.
- Making a Good Start to Secondary Education
- Creating a Cooperative Classroom Climate
- Improving Communication between Pupils and Teachers
- Why are some classrooms more successful?
- How can school structures influence positive relationships?
The book is a much-needed resource for all secondary teachers.