Practice Teaching and Learning in Healthcare is an essential textbook for anyone studying for the practice teacher qualification. Encouraging a critical understanding of the knowledge and competence required to fulfill the practice teacher role, the book examines and evaluates the concepts, theories, and frameworks underpinning the necessary skillset.
Structured largely around the Nursing and Midwifery Council's standards for practice teachers, the book provides comprehensive coverage of the knowledge and skills required to supervise and assess the learning of qualified healthcare practitioners such as those on post-qualifying specialist or advanced practice programs, and therefore includes:
- Managing inter-professional relationships
- Specialist and advanced practice and knowledge
- Assessment and accountability
- Leadership in facilitation of learning and assessment of clinical skills
- Clinical practice development and evidence-based practice, and
- Issues and further developments in learning beyond registration.
With think points, illustrations and case studies, this is an ideal textbook for healthcare professionals who are students on practice teaching courses, and all facilitators of learning beyond registration.