A one-of-a-kind text designed to launch readers into a thoughtful encounter with gender issues.
Questioning Gender: A Sociological Exploration, Third Edition serves as a point-of-departure for productive conversations about gender, and as a resource for exploring answers to many of those questions. Rather than providing definitive answers, this unique book exposes readers to some of the best scholarship in the field that will lead them to question many of their assumptions about what is normal and abnormal. The author uses both historical and cross-cultural approaches—as well as a focus on intersectionality and transgender issues—to help students understand the socially constructed nature of gender.
Password-protected Instructor Resources include the following:
- A Microsoft® Word test bank, is available containing multiple choice, true/false, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
SAGE Gender and Sexuality Resource Site is an open access site meant to enhance the teaching and learning environments in gender and sexuality courses. Video, podcast, and web links are provided for the following topic areas:
- Theories of Gender and Sexuality
- Learning and "Doing Gender"
- Sexual Minorities
- Sexual Violence and Commodification
- Crime, Social Control, and the Legal System
- Politics and Power
- Families, Intimate Relationships, and Reproduction
- The Workplace
- Health and Medicine
- Media and Popular Culture
- Social Movements and Activism
- Gender and Sexuality Across Cultures