Raising Self-Esteem in Primary Schools
A Whole School Training Programme
- Margaret Collins - Educational Consultant, Southampton
October 2009 | 192 pages | SAGE Publications Ltd
Children with low self esteem will have difficulty in partaking in classroom lessons and succeeding. If we want to help children in the primary school to achieve the positive outcomes set out in the Every Child Matters agenda, we need to ensure all children have a healthy self esteem. This book seeks to give adults in schools tools to look at the way they could enhance self esteem in children.
The book comes with an accompanying CD-Rom which contains:
- Inset sessions for all adults in the school
- Workshops specifically aimed at non-teaching personnel, including mid-day supervisors
- Sessions for teachers and classroom assistants
- Classroom lessons and activity sheets for the children which can form part of your school's personal, social, and health education (PSHE) program
This book is a whole school training program for raising self-esteem and is essential reading for all those working in primary education.
PART ONE: THE DRAW AND WRITE CLASSROOM-BASED ILLUMINATIVE RESEARCH STRATEGY; 'AM I CONFIDENT?'
PART TWO: TRAINING WORKSHOPS FOR MIDDAY SUPERVISORS (MDDS) AND OTHER ADULTS
PART THREE: TRAINING WORKSHOPS FOR TEACHERS AND CLASSROOM ASSISTANTS
PART FOUR: LESSONS AND ACTIVITY SHEETS FOR CHILDREN; AN INTEGRAL PART OF THE ADULT TRAINING
PART FIVE: FURTHER LESSONS AND ACTIVITY SHEETS