Reframing the Path to School Leadership
A Guide for Teachers and Principals
- Lee G. Bolman - University of Missouri, Kansas City, USA
- Terrence E. Deal - University of Southern California, Rossier School
The indispensable leadership companion—updated and more relevant than ever!
Part leadership manual, part short novel, this unique best-seller uses dialogues between a novice and a master teacher and between a new and a seasoned principal to illuminate how the simple act of viewing a problem through different lenses—political, human resources, structural, or symbolic—can reveal better options and solutions.
Featuring reflective questions and solid strategies for meeting real-life challenges, the third edition also includes
- New views on building morale in challenging times
- A revamped discussion of mandates, standards, and rubrics
- A celebration of educators as skilled professionals
- Expanded conversations about hope, faith, and parental involvement
Sometimes all it takes to solve a problem is to reframe it by listening to wise advice from a trusted mentor.
Insightful, relevant and clear!