This book guides you through the entirety of the research process in International Relations, from selecting a research question and reviewing the literature to field research and writing up. Covering both qualitative and quantitative methods in IR, it offers a balanced assessment of the key methodological debates and research methods within the discipline.
- Is specifically focussed on research methods used in International Relations.
- Spans the entire research process from choosing a research question to writing up.
- Provides practical research methods guidance.
- Introduces you to broader methodological debates and brings together contemporary research from empirical and interpretive traditions.
- Is packed with examples and suggestions for further reading.
Research Methods in International Relations is essential reading for both undergraduate and postgraduate students taking Research Methods courses in International Relations, Politics, Security and Strategic Studies.