"A worthwhile book full of useful ideas and resources for nurture group practitioners. Simon Bishop is a skilled practitioner, and he links his contemporary, practical experience to the wider range of ideas and thinking that inform and underpin nurture group work in a helpful and accessible style."
—Jim Rose, Director
The Nurture Group Network
Setting up and running a nurture group in your school is an effective way to improve the quality of educational services for every child, not just those with special educational needs. This practical book offers a clear structure for making a nurture group work and provides tried-and-tested reproducible resources to support the whole process. The author explains how and why nurture groups work and:
- Demonstrates how nurture groups benefit young children's social, emotional, and educational development
- Gives practical advice on setting up and running a nurture group
- Explains how to assess and monitor student progress
- Provides materials for leading staff development sessions
- Offers photocopiable resources on an accompanying CD-ROM
An inspirational read for all teachers and support staff, Running a Nurture Group will appeal to anyone working with young children who have emotional and behavioral difficulties.