Incorporating 25 years of sales forecasting management research with more than 400 companies, Sales Forecasting Management, Second Edition is the first text to truly integrate the theory and practice of sales forecasting management. This research includes the personal experiences of John T. Mentzer and Mark A. Moon in advising companies how to improve their sales forecasting management practices. Their program of research includes two major surveys of companies' sales forecasting practices, a two-year, in-depth study of sales forecasting management practices of 20 major companies, and an ongoing study of how to apply the findings from the two-year study to conducting sales forecasting audits of additional companies. The book provides comprehensive coverage of the techniques and applications of sales forecasting analysis, combined with a managerial focus to give managers and users of the sales forecasting function a clear understanding of the forecasting needs of all business functions.
New to This Edition:
- The author's well-regarded Multicaster software system demo, previously available on cassette, has been updated and is now available for download from the authors' Web site www.jtmassociates.com
- New insights on the critical area of qualitative forecasting are presented
- The results of additional surveys done since the publication of the first edition have been added
- The discussion of the four dimensions of forecasting management has been significantly enhanced
- Significant reorganization and updating has been done to strengthen and improve the material for the second edition.
OVERVIEW OF THIS BOOK