School-based Teacher Training
A Handbook for Tutors and Mentors
- Elizabeth White - University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Joy Jarvis - University of Hertfordshire, UK
Covering both primary and secondary teaching, this handbook offers support to those delivering school-based teacher training. By identifying best practice, the book shows you how to develop your professional knowledge and become an effective teacher educator and mentor.
Topics covered include:
- Strategies for coaching and mentoring trainee teachers
- Teacher training in schools
- Links between teacher education and recent research
- How to develop your own identity as a teacher educator
Packed with case studies of good practice, models of successful teaching and activities to try, this practical book leads you through a professional development process that will enable you to be confident and secure in your practice.
An essential guide for tutors, mentors and all those involved in staff development in schools, the book is also useful for experienced teachers in schools who are taking on training roles and supporting and mentoring newly qualified teachers.
Sample Materials & Chapters
Sample Chapter - Ch1: The Professional Development of Teacher Educators