Recipient of the 2020 PRIDE Award for Outstanding Textbook from the PR Division of the National Communication Association
Social Media for Strategic Communication: Creative Strategies and Research-Based Applications teaches students the skills and principles needed to use social media in persuasive communication campaigns. The book combines cutting-edge research with practical, on-the-ground instruction to prepare students for the real-world challenges they’ll face in the workplace. The text addresses the influence of social media technologies, strategies, actions, and the strategic mindset needed by social media professionals today. By focusing on strategic thinking and awareness, it gives students the tools they need to adapt what they learn to new platforms and technologies that may emerge in the future. A broad focus on strategic communication—from PR, advertising, and marketing, to non-profit advocacy—gives students a broad base of knowledge that will serve them wherever their careers may lead.
Bundle with Freberg’s exercise workbook!
Get Portfolio Building Activities in Social Media: Exercises in Strategic Communication with the print version of Social Media for Strategic Communication. Use bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-5475-0
Visit the author’s blog at http://karenfreberg.com/blog/ to get tips for teaching the course, industry related news, & more!
Instructors, sign in at study.sagepub.com/freberg for additional resources!
- A Microsoft® Word® test bank is available containing multiple choice, true/false, short answer, and essay questions for each chapter. The test bank provides you with a diverse range of pre-written options as well as the opportunity for editing any question and/or inserting your own personalized questions to effectively assess students’ progress and understanding.
- Editable, chapter-specific Microsoft® PowerPoint® slides offer you complete flexibility in easily creating a multimedia presentation for your course. Highlight essential content, features, and artwork from the book.
- Instructor’s Manual with summaries of key concepts, class activities, multimedia links, and rubrics organized by chapter to ease preparation for lectures and class discussions.
- Sample course syllabi to provide a suggested model for structuring one’s course.
- Carefully selected video links feature relevant interviews, lectures, personal stories, inquiries, and other content for use in independent or classroom-based explorations of key topics.
- Guest Lecture and Branding Guides to reference as you look for ways to further engage with your students.
- Tables and figures from the book are provided for your courses.