The author is a proud sponsor of the 2020 SAGE Keith Roberts Teaching Innovations Award—enabling graduate students and early career faculty to attend the annual ASA pre-conference teaching and learning workshop.
Empower your students to become part of the solution.
The new Sixth Edition of Social Problems: Community, Policy, and Social Action
A Complete Teaching & Learning Package
SAGE Premium Video
Includes access to SAGE Premium Video, multimedia tools, and much more! Save when you bundle the interactive eBook with the new edition. Order using bundle ISBN: 978-1-5443-5143-8.
SAGE EDGE FOR STUDENTS enhances learning, is easy to use, and offers:
· eFlashcards that strengthen understanding of key terms and concepts and make it easy to maximize student study time, anywhere, anytime
· eQuizzes that allow students to assess how much they’ve learned and where you need to focus your attention
· Chapter-specific study questions that allow students to engage with the material
· Video and multimedia resources that bring concepts to life are tied to learning objectives and are curated exclusively for this text
· Exclusive access to influential SAGE journal and reference content that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
Instructors: The following online resources are included FREE with this text. For a brief demo, contact your sales representative today.
SAGE COURSEPACKS FOR INSTRUCTORS makes it easy to import our quality content into your school’s learning management system (LMS)*. Intuitive and simple to use, it allows you to
Say NO to…
· required access codes
· learning a new system
Say YES to…
· using only the content you want and need
· high-quality assessment and multimedia exercises
*For use in: Blackboard, Canvas, Brightspace by Desire2Learn (D2L), and Moodle
Don’t use an LMS platform? No problem, you can still access many of the online resources for your text via SAGE edge.
SAGE coursepacks includes:
· Our content delivered directly into your LMS
· Intuitive, simple format that makes it easy to integrate the material into your course with minimal effort
· Assessment tools that foster review, practice, and critical thinking, and offer a more complete way to measure student engagement, including:
o Diagnostic chapter pre-tests and post-tests that identify opportunities for improvement, track student progress, and ensure mastery of key learning objectives
o Test banks built on Bloom’s Taxonomy that provide a diverse range of test items with ExamView test generation
o Activity and quiz options that allow you to choose only the assignments and tests you want
o Instructions on how to use and integrate the comprehensive assessments and resources provided
· Chapter-specific discussion questions to help launch engaging classroom interaction while reinforcing important content
- Assignable SAGE Premium Video (available via the interactive eBook version, linked through SAGE coursepacks) that is tied to learning objectives and curated exclusively for this text to bring concepts to life and appeal to diverse learners, featuring:
- Corresponding multimedia assessment options that automatically feed to your gradebook
o Comprehensive, downloadable, easy-to-use Media Guide in the Coursepack for every video resource, listing the chapter to which the video content is tied, matching learning objective(s), and offering a helpful description of the video content and assessment questions
· EXCLUSIVE, influential SAGE journal and reference content, built into course materials and assessment tools, that ties important research and scholarship to chapter concepts to strengthen learning
· Editable, chapter-specific PowerPoint® slides that offer flexibility when creating multimedia lectures so you don’t have to start from scratch but you can customize to your exact needs
· Sample course syllabus with suggested models for structuring your course that give you options to customize your course in a way that is perfect for you
· Lecture notes that summarize key concepts on a chapter-by-chapter basis to help you with preparation for lectures and class discussions
· Integrated links to the interactive eBook that make it easy for your students to maximize their study time with this anywhere, anytime mobile-friendly version of the text. It also offers access to more digital tools and resources, including SAGE Premium Video
· All tables and figures from the textbook